Micro-suction is the safest method of treatment guaranteed effective and safe removal of ear wax.
Micro-suction is the quick and gentle recommended method of removing of wax (cerum) or debris from inside the ear canal by our fully qualified ear nurse using gentle suction and instruments. Because wax can build up gradually over many years, hearing loss can often go undetected. It's only after the procedure that a patient can fully appreciate the benefit.
Micro-suction is accepted across the medical profession as the safest and most comfortable method of earwax removal. With no liquids being used there is no fuss or mess during the procedure. The fact that the ear canal is being observed throughout the process, makes it an exceptionally safe procedure. It is also a comfortable process and it is usually undertaken in a few minutes.
● A full explanation will be provided by our ear nurse before the procedure.
● You will lie in a recline position.
● A microscope is used to view the ear canal.
● A cone is place in the entrance of the canal this guides the light and provides an optimal view.
● Suction wands are used to carefully and gently remove the wax or debris.
● The suction may make a windy noise.
● The nurse may need to use other equipment like forceps or probes.
You Can Benefit If You
● feel your ears are blocked
● have experienced a loss in hearing
● have a history of wax build up
● experience tinnitus
● experience any balance disorder
● have had previously ear surgery
● have sensitive ears including itchy ears.